DALLAS (AP) — A medical examiner says the grandson of actor Clark Gable died of an accidental drug overdose.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office says an autopsy found Clark James Gable III was killed by a combination of the opioids fentanyl and oxycodone, and the sedative alprazolam. It ruled his death an accident.
Gable died in February. The 30-year-old lived in Dallas and hosted the reality TV show “Cheaters,” which featured confrontations with people suspected of infidelity. He is survived by his fiancée and their infant daughter.
Advertisement - story continues below
Gable’s death was the latest in a national opioid crisis that the Centers for Disease Control says claimed 48,000 lives in 2017. The manufacturer of Oxycodone last month agreed to pay $270 million to settle one of thousands of lawsuits blaming it in the crisis.
The Western Journal has not reviewed this Associated Press story prior to publication. Therefore, it may contain editorial bias or may in some other way not meet our normal editorial standards. It is provided to our readers as a service from The Western Journal.
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.