Young and attractive, the orthopedic surgeon has been on a Bravo reality TV show called “Online Dating Rituals of the American Male.”
Now his face is on TV again, but the reason is anything but appealing.
He and a woman being referred to as his girlfriend have been dubbed a “Bonnie and Clyde” of rape. They have already been charged in two cases with many more coming forward since the initial news reports and police investigation were launched.
KABC reported just days ago that the investigation had expanded to include at least half a dozen potential victims of Grant Robicheaux, 38, and Cerissa Riley, 31, of Orange County, California. Three of the alleged new victims are from New York, Nevada and Southern California.
According to Fox News, more than a dozen women have come forward to accuse the couple.
The Fox News report contained horrific details in the cases of the women the couple have already been charged with raping. The first “told the police that the surgeon gave her two pills that made her feel ‘lethargic.'”
“Robicheaux then went on to have unprotected sex with her while his girlfriend – who also performed oral sex on the woman – recorded the ordeal with her phone,” Fox reported.
According to Fox, police noted in the court documents that, “The victim felt paralyzed by the apparent drugs and did not feel as though she could physically resist Robicheaux and Riley while they were having sex with her.”
Fox News went on to report that “a medical test showed that the woman had cocaine, ecstasy and MDA, a hard drug sometimes known as the ‘love drug,’ in her system.” The second woman’s case is similar in nature, although her outcome was a bit different.
” … (S)he lost her consciousness while drinking with the couple and was later taken to the surgeon’s house,” Fox reported. “The couple then began ‘sexually assaulting her with the intent to commit rape.’ The woman screamed and asked for help, prompting a phone call to the police by one of the neighbors.”
During a news conference Friday, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas made it clear he believes there may be other victims and wants them to know it is okay to come forward. “Even if you made a conscious decision to party with this couple, or with anybody else for that matter, no one gets a pass to have their way with you when you’re unconscious or past the point of consent.”
There is a reason why it’s suspected there may be more victims.
“There are thousands and thousands of videos and images … There are several videos where women in the videos appear to be highly intoxicated, beyond the ability to consent or resist,” Ruckauckas said at the news conference.
“They are barely responsive to the defendants’ sexual advances. Based on this evidence, we believe there might be many unidentified victims out there.”
It is believed that the pair used their own good looks to lure in victims. Rackauckas warned that a “‘wolf in sheep’s clothing” can be found in “scrubs or doctor’s clothing. Or a wolf can be a beautiful woman.”
The U.K. Daily Mail noted that lawyers for the two have pushed back against statements made by authorities. They have also pointed to the length of the investigation so far and that only two victims have been cited in charges filed.
KABC has asked that anyone who may be one of their victims or may have information about their alleged criminal activity contact Supervising Investigator Eric Wiseman at 714-347-8794. It is suspected that the couple may have picked up more victims around the country as they attended various festivals.
The couple is currently out on $100,000 bail. They are slated for an Oct. 25 return to court, according to Fox News.
Fox News also reported that Rackauckas said he’d never before seen a case of this possible magnitude in his career. He warned women to be cautious when using dating apps because looks can be deceiving, wrote ABC News.
Truth and Accuracy
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.