Assuming Donald Trump is still in the game as a strong contender for the 2016 Republican nomination, he’ll be questioned once again by Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly at the cable network’s next debate scheduled in January.
The Los Angeles Times reports that Kelly, along with Fox News colleagues Bret Baier and Chris Wallace, will once again be moderating the face-off among the leading candidates for the party’s top position on the 2016 ticket.
As Western Journal has reported, numerous debate watchers — and especially Trump supporters, many of whom were Fox News fans — felt the trio fired unfair questions at the GOP front-runner. Ironically, some in the liberal media stepped up to defend the questioning as appropriately tough and probing.
Advertisement – story continues below
Fox News boss Roger Ailes is quoted in the Times article as praising his debate team that saw the audience ratings for the show hit record numbers, with some 24 million viewers tuning in to the primetime event on Thursday of last week.
“Ailes has stood by the performance of his anchors, calling them ‘the best political debate team ever put on television.’ There has been no discussion of making any changes, the [Fox News] representative said,” according to the Times account.
The confirmation that Kelly and company will be back for another round of high-stakes questioning for the leading GOP contenders in January comes on the same day as the beginning of a vacation for the host of The Kelly File. The week-and-a-half away from the show was supposedly planned long before the verbal war erupted with Trump following Kelly’s on-air inquiry regarding Trump’s comments about women.
Advertisement - story continues below
Though Fox News has confirmed that Kelly, Baier, and Wallace will be back in the moderator chairs for the debate that will air shortly before the Iowa caucuses, the rules of candidate participation in the event have not yet been announced. The Times article quotes a Fox News spokesperson talking about the selection process:
“As we get closer to the January debate in Iowa, Fox News will announce the criteria for participation — which has not yet been determined — and invitations will be extended to all candidates who meet that criteria,” a Fox News representative said. “As Fox demonstrated last week, our goal with these debates is to be as inclusive as possible.”
Facebook has greatly reduced the distribution of our stories in our readers' newsfeeds and is instead promoting mainstream media sources. When you share to your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you.