Parler Share
News

Illegal Immigrant Admits To Killing Four People To Score Money for Drugs

Parler Share

An illegal immigrant confessed to killing four people, admitting during an interrogation that he did it because he needed money to purchase methamphetamine.

Wilbur Ernesto Martinez-Guzman, a 20-year-old from El Salvador living in the U.S. illegally, broke down into tears as he confessed to being behind four gruesome murders in Nevada, a detective told a grand jury on Thursday. Martinez-Guzman, who initially giggled as he denied any involvement in the murders, eventually confessed to doing something “unforgivable” when presented with numerous contradictions in his story.

The young Central American was arrested on Jan. 19 and indicted earlier in March for the murders of four individuals. During a rampage that spanned several days in January, Martinez-Guzman allegedly killed Connie Koontz, who was believed to be murdered on Jan 9 or 10, Sophia Renken, who was killed on Jan. 13, and Gerald and Sharon David, whose bodies were found on Jan. 16.

It appears Martinez-Guzman, using a stolen .22 caliber handgun, specifically targeted vulnerable victims. Gerald and Sharon David, an elderly married couple, were 81 and 80 years old, respectively. Renken was a 74-year-old woman, and Koontz was 56-year-old woman living with her disabled mother.

Trending:
Hunter Brags About Killing and Skinning 'Wolf,' Gets Ripped to Shreds When People Realize What It Really Is

The murders, which took place in Nevada, gained widespread national coverage. President Donald Trump mentioned the victims during his State of the Union speech in February, highlighting the need for better immigration enforcement.

“I will fight for the memory of Gerald and Sharon,” Trump said during his address, as the Davids’ daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter looked on in the gallery.

The president had previously tweeted about the murders in January.

The Salvadorian immigrant said he committed the murders to get cash for his drug addiction.

“He said he needed the money for the meth and it was the meth,” Washoe County Sheriff’s Detective Stefanie Brady testified to a grand jury, according to a transcript that was filed Tuesday in Washoe District Court.

Martinez-Guzman’s trial is not expected to start until April 2020.

Related:
Illegals Uncover Clever Loophole in the Weakest Spot in America's Borders, And It's Not Down South

Prosecutors said they are seeking the death penalty.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience.

For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

A version of this article appeared on The Daily Caller News Foundation website.

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction →



We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
, , , ,
Parler Share
Founded by Tucker Carlson, a 25-year veteran of print and broadcast media, and Neil Patel, former chief policy adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney, The Daily Caller News Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit providing original investigative reporting from a team of professional reporters that operates for the public benefit. Photo credit: @DailyCaller on Twitter




Conversation