It took years for many Americans to figure out that Obama’s policies not only do not work but are based upon a hard-left ideology not compatible with human freedom and economic prosperity. Indeed, the economy has not declined due to some random political decisions. It is the result of a series of decisions intended to move America away from its free-market roots and toward a socialist “utopia.” And of course, all of these decisions derive from the ideology of the man occupying the White House.
Needless to say, the socialist left believed the Obama era was the best opportunity ever to transform America to a socialist-based economy and eradicate our commitment to the Constitution designed to limit federal power.
But this should not have been a surprise. Virtually ALL of Obama’s main influences in life were communists and socialists who believed in transforming America into a socialist “paradise.”
Advertisement - story continues below
Obama’s links to hardcore anti-American people and groups is so pervasive that had he applied to work at the White House prior to becoming president, he would NOT have received a security clearance. The media knew much of this info but made a concerted effort to avoid stories about Obama’s background. During the 2008 presidential campaign, this author even sent evidence of Obama’s 1996 “New Party” (a socialist party) membership to a half dozen prominent reporters and received no response.
Once elected and knowing full well the media would dutifully refuse to report on the background of his own appointees, Obama appointed a slew of communists and socialists to key positions throughout his administration, who then proceeded to destroy our economy and our culture.
Lets pretend for a second that a Republican presidential nominee was raised by a KKK leader, attended KKK events, joined a KKK-backed political party, and appointed KKK activists to key positions in his campaign. Would the media have reported that? Of course! Indeed, it would have caused such a firestorm that the nominee would have been forced from the race. Even though socialism /communism has caused at least 60 million deaths worldwide, our media has decided that it is more acceptable than racism. This is because many reporters are leftists who still believe in the socialist utopia dream. It should be clear by now that our media is treacherous and cannot be trusted to do what’s best for the country.
Advertisement - story continues below
Moreover, as early as 2006, the GOP leadership also knew of Obama’s socialist background but decided not to make an issue of it. Once again, the GOP was defeated by its own stupidity.
The GOP’s leading campaign strategists all decided to not even touch on this issue.
Finding out about Obama’s socialist background is not difficult and is quite easy to dig up. But one thing is clear: Obama is a true-blue believer in socialism, and the evidence for this is simply overwhelming:
- Throughout his life, Obama worked with and for a variety of prominent communists and socialists. He served on numerous boards – such as the Woods Fund — with Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers, who calls himself a “small c communist.”
- Obama launched his first campaign with a fundraiser at Bill Ayers’ house.
- Obama’s father was a socialist economist for the Kenyan Government. His white mother was raised by socialists.
- His African grandparents were socialists.
- In Obama’s own biography, he says his main mentor from age 8 to 18 was Frank Marshall Davis, a card-carrying Communist Party leader (Party #47544) who hated everything America stood for. Davis practically raised Obama since, contrary to popular mythology, his father NEVER lived with him and his mother pretty much abandoned him. Moreover, Davis was involved in espionage against the West, as his FBI file indicates. Go here to read portions of it.
- While at Occidental College, Obama travelled in the same circles as Dr. John Drew, a well known communist activist on campus. Drew says that Obama “was a Marxist-Leninist in his Sophomore year of college….” He also relates that Obama was far more radical than he was in that he actually supported a violent communist revolution IN THE USA.
- Obama gave speeches on campus sponsored by Tom Hayden’s socialist youth group, the Students for Economic Democracy.
- In his biography, Obama says that, during college, he was attracted to “Marxists professors.” Indeed, he attended “Socialist Scholars Conferences” in 1983 and 1984.
- Once out of college, Obama worked for and with a number of groups associated or founded by Saul Alinsky, a nationally renowned socialist community organizer.
- Obama is well connected to the Democratic Socialists of America, according to their own leaders. DSA members are Marxists who often work inside the Democrat Party, and the organization is the principle America affiliate of Socialist International. Obama spoke at DSA events, was endorsed by the DSA, spoke at DSA leader Saul Mendelson’s funeral, and is close with many DSA leaders including Quentin Young, Timuel Black, Rabbi Arnold Wolf, Cornel West, Danny Davis, Tim Carpenter, and others. Young was Obama’s doctor for 20 years. DSA members also served in Obama’s campaigns, and many were appointed to posts within his administration.
- The Communist Party USA called Obama “a friend” and has boasted that many of those around him have communist backgrounds. Obama was very close to Communist Party leaders Addie Wyatt, Vernon Jarrett, and Bea Lumpkin. The Communist Party actively campaigned for Obama’s 2004 U.S. Senate race and for his 2008 presidential race and wrote a glowing endorsement of Obama in its People’s Weekly World newspaper.
- A reporter visiting the U.S. Communist Party headquarters in New York City on the eve of the election found all the employees wearing Obama campaign buttons.
- Sam Webb, the President of the U.S. Communist Party, announced in 2009 that “We now have not simply a friend, but a people’s advocate in the White House.”
- “Progressives for Obama” was a group started by Obama’s campaign and was a group composed of self-described Maoists and socialists such as Barbara Ehrenreich, Bill Fletcher Jr., Tom Hayden, Mark Rudd, Todd Gitlin, and Carl Davidson, many of whom were former members of the radical and pro-Mao Students for a Democratic Society.
- In 1999, Obama was involved with organizing a socialist think tank called Demos–and even sat on its board of trustees along with self described communists such as Van Jones.
- Before he was president, Obama campaigned for self-described socialist Senator Bernie Sanders.
- The Young Communist League USA (youth wing of the Communist Party) also endorsed Obama and worked hard for Obama’s 2008 campaign.
- Obama’s pastor of 20 years, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, is also a well known socialist who hates everything America stands for; that is why he screamed “God Damn America” in that famous tape Fox News uncovered during the 2008 campaign.
- Charles Ogletree is a radical Marxist professor at Harvard and calls himself one of Obama’s mentors.
- Once elected, Obama appointed a slew of hardcore communists and socialists–for example, Van Jones, a long-time communist activist, and Anita Dunn, who once said mass murderer and Chinese communist dictator Mao Zedong was one of her “favorite political philosophers.” Other Marxist appointments include David Bonior, Patrick Gaspard, Mark Lloyd, and many others.
- Obama’s presidential campaign was endorsed and promoted by communist and socialist parties and groups worldwide in 2008.
- Many of Obama’s speeches contain classic socialist economic themes: demonizing the “rich,” claiming businessmen “didn’t build” their businesses, “wealth redistribution,” and his belief that government spending creates jobs.
- Obama gave the highest civilian medal, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, to union leader John Sweeney. Sweeney is a socialist and a DSA member.
- Obama was an actual member of a Chicago-based socialist party called the New Party. He attended their meetings and received their endorsement. In 1996, its newsletter stated “New Party members won three other primaries in Chicago: Barack Obama….” You can read about Obama’s socialist party membership here.
- Obama was also a member of a socialist organization called “Progressive Chicago,” whose leadership was dominated by DSA and Communist Party activists.
- A group called Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism split from the US Communist Party (the Communist Party was not radical enough!) and was deeply involved with Obama’s 2008 election. Many of Obama’s closest political allies were members of this self-described communist group, such as Mike Klonsky, Marilyn Katz, Bill Ayers, Earl Durham, Carl Davidson, Timuel Black, Lou Pardo, Van Jones, Congresswoman Barbara Lee, and others.
Moreover, there are four excellent books out that detail Obama’s Marxist background and how communists and socialists completely dominate his administration: The Manchurian President: Barack Obama’s Ties to Communists, Socialists and Other Anti-American Extremists, by Aaron Klein; The Communist: Frank Marshall Davis, the Untold Story of Barack Obama’s Mentor, by Paul Kengor; Barack Obama and the Enemies Within, by Trevor Loudon; and Radical-In-Chief: Barack Obama and the Untold Story of American Socialism, by Stanley Kurtz.
Advertisement - story continues below
Also, this website contains quite a bit of info on Obama’s communist friends. You can also visit http://keywiki.org and go to the Obama pages that document in great detail Obama’s socialist and communist connections.
The views expressed in this opinion article are solely those of their author and are not necessarily either shared or endorsed by the owners of this website.
What do you think? Scroll down to comment below.