Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly said Monday that “an anti-Trump attorney” was recorded during the 2016 presidential campaign offering a woman $200,000 to file sexual harassment charges against President Donald Trump.
“It exists,” O’Reilly told Newsmax. “We have urged the person who has the tape to hand it over to the U.S. attorney, because my investigative team believes there are three separate crimes on the audio tape.”
O’Reilly said his attorneys have listened to the recording, though it is not currently in his possession.
Advertisement - story continues below
“It’s related to my situation, ” O’Reilly said, “and when the tape emerges, you will see why. I can’t say any more than that, but it is related to my situation.”.
When asked how long he believes it will be before the tape becomes public, O’Reilly replied, “I can’t tell you, because I thought that tape would have been out already.”
TRENDING: Fired Trump Staffer Omarosa Now Threatening to Spill White House Secrets
Trump was recently subpoenaed by lawyer Gloria Allred in the case of a former reality show contestant who has accused the president of inappropriate behavior. She is one of several women represented by Allred who came forward last year to claim Trump sexually harassed or sexually assaulted them.
O’Reilly departed Fox News after it was revealed he had settled multiple sexual harassment allegations against him. The accusations took on new lift Saturday after The New York Times reported that O’Reilly reached a $32 million sexual harassment settlement with former Fox News legal analyst Lis Wiehl.
Advertisement - story continues below
Since that report, former Fox colleagues Gretchen Carlson and Megyn Kelly have said they had raised concerns about O’Reilly’s behavior. O’Reilly said he was surprised by the attacks.
“I had a good working relationship with Gretchen Carlson and Megyn Kelly,” he said.
O’Reilly claimed most of the sexual harassment allegations against him are related to his coverage of Trump during the election.
“I gave him a fair shot,” O’Reilly said. “And I don’t think it’s any accident that the two men who were targeted by Media Matters, the Bonner Group, Color of Change, were me and Sean Hannity, the most visible people who gave Donald Trump a fair shake. I don’t think that’s an accident, but that’s an opinion.”
Advertisement - story continues below
On a recent “No Spin Zone” podcast, O’Reilly accused The Times of targeting those who disagree with the paper.
“I truly believe that these people at The New York Times are out to hurt people with whom they disagree. They don’t want me in the marketplace,” O’Reilly said, according to CNN. “That’s what this is all about.”
O’Reilly has said that during his career, there was never a single human resources complaint filed against him for inappropriate conduct or harassment.
Advertisement - story continues below
What do you think? Scroll down to comment below.








