Reality has a way of breaking through even the thickest political smokescreens.
And the smokescreen being put up by Democrats and their media allies around the Trump administration’s handling of Russia isn’t anywhere near thick enough to keep out the truth.
Only a few minutes comparing President Donald Trump’s actual record to the laughable accusations of weakness being launched by his domestic opponents make that so clear even a CNN anchor should be able to see it.
In a video released Wednesday, The Daily Caller’s Stephanie Hamill took the time to do just that.
And the results show that reality isn’t at all what Democrats are pretending it to be.
Check it out here:
After a few clips of Trump critics lashing into the president’s performance at his summit this week with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, Hamill got down to business.
“This is fake outrage,” she said. “Let’s go over the facts.”
- “The Trump administration has imposed the toughest sanctions against Russia.
- “President Trump has been working to strengthen our alliances. He’s building up our military. How does that help Putin? It doesn’t.
- “The Trump administration also enhanced its support for Ukraine’s armed forces to help Ukraine improve its ability to defend itself.
- “The Trump administration expelled 60 Russian diplomats and ordered the Russian consulates to be closed.
- “It was also President Trump who called out our allies like Germany for making Russia rich by buying oil and gas from them. We’re talking about billions and billions of dollars.
- “And it wasn’t Trump who was caught on a hot mic telling the Russian president back in 2012 that he would have more ‘flexibility’ on missile defense after the election.
- “And it wasn’t Trump gallivanting around Russia collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees while his partner was secretary of state. That was Bill Clinton.
- “And speaking of the Clintons, it was Hillary’s campaign that colluded with Russia. They’re the ones that used the Russian dossier, filled with lies from top Russian officials later used to convince the FISA court to allow the FBI to spy on the Trump campaign.”
Those are facts that are understood by just about anyone who’s been paying attention to the news on a daily basis since Trump was sworn in in January – rather than getting occasional, skewed updates from late-night comedy hosts or being forced to notice when an international event like the Helsinki summit starts dominating headlines and evening newscasts.
And while not downplaying the importance of Russia as an international rival to the United States – conservatives have been consistent about that going back to the Communist revolution – Hamill recalled the shameful record the Obama administration compiled when it came to dealing with the terrorist mullahs in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
“It wasn’t the Trump administration that secretly dropped off pallets of cash in the middle of the night to government officials that literally were caught on video chanting ‘death to America,’” she said.
No, it wasn’t. But it was the Trump administration that brought overwhelming military force to the fighting in Afghanistan.
And it was the Trump administration that gave actual teeth to warnings to Russian-backed Syrian dictator Bashar Assad that the use of chemical weapons would be met with severe consequences.
For all the media-generated controversy that’s surrounded American foreign policy since Trump has been in the White House, the reality is that the United States is standing stronger on numerous fronts – from North Korea to Iran to Syria to China – than it did during the benighted days of Barack Obama.
And as Hamill’s video makes clear, that includes its dealings with Russia, too.
That’s reality. And the thickest media smokescreens in the world can’t stop it from breaking through.
Truth and Accuracy
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.