TOKYO (AP) — Mitsubishi Motors CEO Osamu Masuko says the Japanese automaker’s board has met and discussed new allegations of wrongdoing by its former chairman, Carlos Ghosn.
The allegations Friday regard a 7 million euro ($8 million) payment made to Ghosn last year by a 50-50 venture between Nissan Motor Co. and Mitsubishi Motors Corp., established in 2017 in Amsterdam.
Masuko said only Ghosn, who headed Nissan for nearly 20 years, and some aides knew about the transaction, which was discovered during an investigation by Nissan and Mitsubishi.
There have been no formal charges for the new allegations. Ghosn has been charged with breach of trust and falsifying financial reports in underreporting his income from Nissan.
Masuko and Nissan Chief Hiroto Saikawa were directors at the joint venture called NMBV, along with Ghosn.
The Western Journal has not reviewed this Associated Press story prior to publication. Therefore, it may contain editorial bias or may in some other way not meet our normal editorial standards. It is provided to our readers as a service from The Western Journal.
Truth and Accuracy
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.