Share
Commentary

80% of 'Civilians' Israel Killed Were Hamas Terrorists Using the Other 20% as Human Shields

Share

The recent border skirmishes in Israel brought many dramatic images to the world. Each photo, without context, could be interpreted in different ways.

Were these innocent, noble Palestinians peacefully protesting against an oppressive regime, or terrorist troublemakers intent on wreaking destruction while Israeli police tried to protect civilians?

The left, predictably, sided with the Palestinians. Countless reports were told about the poor and downtrodden being stomped by a more powerful force. It makes for a good narrative: After all, humans seem hard-wired to root for the underdog.

But is it true? No, it turns out, and even enemies of Israel are now admitting there was much more going on.

In a recent analysis piece published by The Washington Times, journalist Clifford D. May broke down the situation, and made a crystal clear case that it was violent Palestinian radicals who deserve the blame for the border clash.

Trending:
Watch: Biden Scrambles, Defends Saying to Put Trump in 'Bullseye' Before Shooting During Bizarre Rant

“Hamas, the terrorist organization that has ruled Gaza since 2007, has said clearly that there ‘is no solution for the Palestinian question except through jihad,'” May pointed out, citing the Hamas Covenant of 1988.

The Times columnist then held up a fact that much of the mainstream media is ignoring: Even Hamas leaders have acknowledged that the actions of Israeli troops along the border primarily impacted terrorist fighters, not “innocent civilians” as so frequently repeated.

“Salah Bardawil, a senior Hamas official, said last week that ’50 of the 62 martyrs were Hamas,'” May continued.

“In other words, 80 percent of those felled by Israeli bullets were combatants. Name a military that has ever done better (than Israel) under similar conditions,” the reporter stated.

Do you believe Israel has a right to defend its borders?

Remember, Hamas is no group of local community organizers. It is regarded as a terrorist organization by the United States, the United Kingdom, the entire European Union and almost every other free democracy on earth.

Amazingly, there really isn’t much mystery to the motivations of Hamas, including the terrorists who engaged Israeli troops in Gaza. Actual leaders of Hamas have not shied away from making their objectives known, but much of the mainstream media seems to have plugged its ears.

“Hamas‘ leaders, ironically, have been more forthright,” explained May in The Washington Times. “Yahya Sinwar, the Hamas leader in Gaza, has candidly said that the aim of the March of Return is to ‘tear down the border’ and ‘tear out their (Israeli) hearts.'”

Charming.

“He also praised ‘the sacrifice of (Palestinian) children as an offering for Jerusalem,'” continued May, quoting Sinwar.

Related:
Trump Hit 'So Hard' That His 'Shoes Fell Off' as Secret Service Rushed to Save Him - 'I'm Supposed to Be Dead'

Using children as disposable pawns, suicide bombers, and human shields — where has the world seen this before? It’s the same tactic used by Islamic terrorist groups in many other countries. The Gaza clash was no different.

If 80 percent of the insurgents taken out by Israeli troops were Hamas combatants, it appears that the other 20 percent — or close to it — were sacrificial lambs tricked or encouraged to storm Israel’s territory as human shields. This is exactly what Yahya Sinwar meant by “sacrifice of children as an offering for Jerusalem.”

May pointed out that the term “Zionist” is often slung around like an insult, but when you break it down, it simply means that you support Israel’s right to defend itself against people who openly want to destroy and slaughter the one functioning democracy in the region.

“To be a Zionist now means supporting Israel’s right to survive, and Israelis’ right to defend themselves from Hamas, Hezbollah, the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Islamic State, al Qaeda and others whose intentions are openly genocidal,” he explained.

“By implication, that also tells us what it means to be an anti-Zionist,” May concluded.

The next time a pundit accuses President Donald Trump or other conservatives of being “Zionists,” it’s worth remembering this definition. One side has rejected peace and chosen murderous violence… but it isn’t Israel, and it isn’t the narrative being repeated by Hamas apologists.

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction →



We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
, , , ,
Share
Benjamin Arie is an independent journalist and writer. He has personally covered everything ranging from local crime to the U.S. president as a reporter in Michigan before focusing on national politics. Ben frequently travels to Latin America and has spent years living in Mexico.




Conversation