This is a timeline from The Associated Press of the latest on the rape trial of former NFL first-round draft pick Kellen Winslow Jr. (all times local):
A jury in Southern California has heard opening statements from the prosecution and defense in the trial of former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr.
He faces charges of raping two women last year and an unconscious 17-year-old girl in 2003.
Prosecutor Dan Owens said evidence includes GPS locations showing the defendant’s presence where victims say they encountered him and DNA tests showing traces of his semen on blood-stained pants from one victim.
Winslow was an NFL first-round draft pick out of the University of Miami and is the son of Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow of the San Diego Chargers.
The elder Winslow was in the San Diego County courthouse Monday.
Defense attorney Brian Watkins says his client had consensual sex with the women who are alleging rape.
Former NFL player Kellen Winslow Jr. is scheduled to begin his trial on multiple charges, including raping two women last year and raping an unconscious 17-year-old girl in 2003.
The 35-year-old — once the NFL’s highest-paid tight end — has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Winslow could face up to life in prison if convicted.
He was arrested last year in the beach town of Encinitas, north of San Diego.
Prosecutors say some attacks were part of a string of incidents targeting middle-aged and elderly women.
He was later charged with the 2003 attack.
The son of Hall of Famer Kellen Winslow, he played for Cleveland, Tampa Bay, New England and the New York Jets from 2004 to 2013.
The Western Journal has reviewed this Associated Press story and may have altered it prior to publication to ensure that it meets our editorial standards.
Truth and Accuracy
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.