Share
News

Infant Severely Burned by Garden Hose Left in Sun. Fire Department Posts Haunting Warning

Share

Each season of the year comes with its own pros and cons.

Fall is filled with vibrantly colored trees, but it is also the beginning of the cold weather months. Winter has snow that makes even the most dreary places seem magical, but ice and dangerous road conditions come as a result. Spring is when beautiful flowers begin to bloom, but it is also when many insect creatures begin to make their appearance.

Summer brings many favorable things: children get a break from school, the days are longer, and, depending on where you live, you can spend a majority of your time outside.

The sun and heat, however, can bring a myriad of problems.

For example, as temperatures rise, you have to be mindful of what you leave in your car. Too many children and animals have suffered after being left in a car in the middle of summer.

Trending:
RNC Crowd Openly Disagrees with Trump, Breaks Out in Chant He Can't Ignore

The sun can cause other issues as well, especially in the desert. If you’ve ever experienced a desert summer, you know just how brutal it is.

Yes, I know it’s a dry heat, but 115 degrees is still 115 degrees.

[firefly_poll]

A recent incident in Las Vegas prompted the Las Vegas Fire and Rescue to issue a warning reminding locals just how dangerous the sun’s rays can be.

An infant was sprayed with a garden hose that had been left in direct sunlight and suffered severe burns. The water inside the hose was heated up by the sun and burned the poor child.

The warning was shared with a heartbreaking picture of the infant showing the burns.


Related:
Parents Sue State Over New Law Allowing Secret 'Transition' of Children

“Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees which can cause burns especially to children & animals,” the tweet read.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue suggests letting water flow from the hose for a little bit before spraying it on other people or animals. This allows the hot water to be replaced with cooler water that will keep everyone safe.

No matter where you live, this haunting message serves as an important warning we all need to pay attention to. Our prayers go out to this sweet child and his family as he recovers.

Submit your story here, and subscribe to our best uplifting stories here.

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction →



We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
,
Share
Kayla has been a staff writer for The Western Journal since 2018.
Kayla Kunkel began writing for The Western Journal in 2018.
Birthplace
Tennessee
Honors/Awards
Lifetime Member of the Girl Scouts
Location
Arizona
Languages Spoken
English
Topics of Expertise
News, Crime, Lifestyle & Human Interest




Conversation