FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — Minnesota Twins third baseman Miguel Sano will miss at least the first week of full-squad workouts after he cut his foot while celebrating his team winning the Dominican Winter League championship.
Sano has been wearing a walking boot to protect the wound, which is above the heel on his right foot. Sano reported to camp Sunday and the first full-squad workout was Monday.
Manager Rocco Baldelli said Tuesday that Sano would wear the boot for seven to 10 days before being re-evaluated. He’ll be limited to upper-body exercises in the meantime.
Advertisement - story continues below
Baldelli said he considers the injury a “minor issue.” He said he’s more excited about the offseason agility work and strength training Sano put in to arrive at spring training noticeably slimmer than last year .
More AP baseball coverage: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
The Western Journal has not reviewed this Associated Press story prior to publication. Therefore, it may contain editorial bias or may in some other way not meet our normal editorial standards. It is provided to our readers as a service from The Western Journal.
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.