Like many families, they had faced some difficult times but were doing what they could to get back on their feet again.
Black mold and job loss caused the loss of home and possessions, but eventually, they were able to get into the position of starting again, building a small home to call their own.
The family worked together, carefully using all safety precautions to make sure no one would get hurt while they built their home. The Clark family children understood the importance of following the rules carefully.
But on Jan. 11, 2018, while working on the front of the house, dad Jared saw two of his daughters playing in the back, where he told them to stay, as he worked on the roof.
In an instant, according to the family’s website, he lost hold of 48-pound OSB and it fell to the ground, striking Chloe, who had come to the front of the house, in that split second.
Despite a bleeding hole left between her eyes, Chloe was still alert and Jared got her to the hospital. She apologized for not obeying the rules, taking the blame for the accident upon herself.
Now, prior to getting a CT scan, she again tried to comfort her grief-stricken father, “Daddy, I’m ready to meet Jesus. Tell mommy I love her . . If I don’t make it, I’m ready and I want everyone to know I love them.”
The injuries appeared to be simply cosmetic, and Chloe was transferred to a different hospital. A day later, it seemed all would be well, but just two to three hours after that mark, the 10-year-old girl “was lifeless.”
Chloe had bacterial meningitis, fell into a coma and was put on life support, with not much hope held out for her. The family took to social media to ask for prayers and to keep everyone updated on her condition.
According to CBN News, the video the family made asking for prayers went viral, with thousands responding to the plea.
Then on Jan. 16, the family announced that a miracle had occurred and Chloe was awake and responsive.
A Jan. 26 video update from Jared mentions that following surgery, Chloe is now walking, talking, eating and “doing pretty much everything on her own.” It also shows her playing the guitar and singing with her dad.
Jared also mentioned that he was informed just his part of her medical bills, to that point, had reached $250,000.
Chloe still has more medical costs, including physical therapy, ahead, so a GoFundMe campaign has been launched with all the relevant information posted to the page.
Throughout the ordeal, the humbled family has given thanks to the many who have reached out to them and offered up prayers on Chloe’s behalf.
Even when things looked bleak, the family always praised God for his goodness to them.
Truth and Accuracy
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.