Share
News

'Super Size Me' Director Dead at 53 After Severe Health Complications

Share

A documentary filmmaker who changed how Americans view fast food has died.

Morgan Spurlock died on Thursday of complications from cancer, his family confirmed to Variety.

Spurlock is most known for creating the documentary “Super Size Me,” in which he consumed nothing but McDonald’s food for a full month.

The negative health effects suffered by Spurlock from the experiment have been credited for raising awareness about the negative effects of fast food.

Trending:
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Labeled 'Delusional'; 'Irritated' About Not Being Wealthier than Other UK Celebs: Book

Craig Spurlock, the brother of the deceased, mourned him in a statement provided to Variety.

“It was a sad day, as we said goodbye to my brother Morgan,” Craig wrote.

He added: “Morgan gave so much through his art, ideas and generosity.”

Have you ever seen “Super Size Me”?

“Today the world has lost a true creative genius and a special man,” Craig said. “I am so proud to have worked together with him.”

The filmmaker had begun chemotherapy treatment earlier this year, according to Deadline.

Admirers of Spurlock mourned his death at a premature age.

Related:
Mom of 4 Found Hanged, Police Now Suspect a Staged Suicide After Strange Clue Emerges

McDonald’s discontinued its “Super Size” menu option after Spurlock released his 2004 documentary — a change many credit to the film’s impact.

Spurlock’s other film credits include “Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden?” and “The Future of Food.”

The documentary filmmaker withdrew from public perception in the midst of the #MeToo movement in 2017, citing his own personal indiscretions, according to The New York Times.

Some skeptics of Spurlock’s signature project have questioned his food intake during the film’s production, as well as his own history of alcohol use contributing to his health decline post-documentary.

Spurlock is survived by his two children.


An Important Message from Our Staff:

 

We who work here at The Western Journal have fought for years against Big Tech and the elites who want to shut us down and then shut America down. 

 

Make no mistake — nothing will be the same after November 2024. Will you help us fight? Will you help us expose the America-hating elites who will do everything they can to steal this election? 

 

We’re a small group of people fighting to save the country for our readers and for our own family and friends. Can we count on your help?

 

At this point, Big Tech has cut off our access to 90% of advertisers. Imagine if someone took 90% of your paycheck and there was nothing you could do. They’re trying to starve us out.

 

Donations from readers like you have literally helped keep our lights on, and we need you now more than ever. 

 

We operate on a shoestring budget, but with that budget, we terrify the globalists. Please help us continue the fight. Stand with us, and we will never surrender.

 

Thank you for reading The Western Journal and for believing in America. 

 

It is a pleasure to serve you.

P.S. Please don’t let the America-hating left win. Stand with us today!

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction →



We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
, , , , , , , , ,
Share

Conversation