Share
Lifestyle

Man Convicted of Torture Reportedly Spotted Just Feet Away from Prince George in Palace

Share

On July 14, a man who was sent to prison for seven years after being convicted of torture in 2008 was spotted in Kensington Palace alongside the royal family, The Sun reported.

Darren Benjamin, 40, was convicted in 2008 for his role in a vicious attack that involved pouring boiling water over the back of an innocent man. One of four gang members, Benjamin attacked a man outside his home, demanding information about a vehicle.

When the man, who knew nothing about the car in question, provided no information, the gang members gagged him, stabbed him in the leg and finally poured scalding water across his back.

Now working as a driver, Benjamin was allegedly one of the people allowed into the palace during a furniture delivery in what is being called a massive breach of security.

After seeing Prince George, Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte with their nanny inside Kensington, Benjamin allegedly boasted to several of his friends about the experience.

Trending:
Rubio Grills Dr. Fauci: How Is It Americans with COVID Can't Get in Country, But Illegals Can?

He reportedly went so far as to comment on how “pleasant” Prince George was.

The criminal alleged that the royal children actually greeted him while they were walking in the courtyard and that he personally stood within feet of the family.

“Itโ€™s chilling as he has been boasting to friends about just how close he came to our future king and the other Cambridge children,” a source told The Sun.

“This is the type of potentially deadly security oversight that simply cannot be allowed to happen. Darren is a violent criminal who was jailed for the most brutal type of torture.”

The source also noted that Benjamin’s friends “were shocked that he was able to get into the Palace and within touching distance of royalty given his past.”

Related:
Mom Watches Horrified as Son, 6, Is Dragged 575 Feet by School Bus: 'I Was Going to Watch Him Die'

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are reportedly “concerned” about the event and eager to ensure current safety procedures are effective with their children at risk.

The staff at Kensington have reported being surprised by the lack of cautionary measures and background checks implemented by the family’s security team. The Sun reported Buckingham Palace has launched an investigation since learning of the alleged incident on July 14.

A palace aid said, “As soon as it was brought to our attention an urgent security review was launched to check the current systems and procedures are appropriate.

“Pending the outcome, there will be a refined level of risk assessment for those entering.โ€

According to The Sun, Benjamin’s presence in the palace is the second security risk to be reported within the last few weeks.

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction โ†’



We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
, , , , , , ,
Share
Laura Stewart was an associate story editor and news and lifestyle contributor for The Western Journal.
Laura Stewart was an associate story editor and news and lifestyle contributor for The Western Journal.
Location
Phoenix, AZ




Conversation