News

Joy Behar Says Mike Pence Should Be Sprayed with 'Insecticide'

Co-host Joy Behar of ABC’s “The View” trashed Vice President Mike Pence Monday, saying he should be sprayed with insecticide before Wednesday’s debate with Democratic vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris.

Coming on the heels of President Donald Trump’s positive test for the coronavirus, the debate at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City is drawing increased attention.

During a segment on the debate, co-host Whoopi Goldberg threw a jab at Pence, suggesting that he may not know the actress who plays Harris on “Saturday Night Live” from the real thing.

“Safety measures are in place. Like the two of them standing, like, 500 feet apart. I’m hoping Maya Rudolph will come in as Kamala Harris just to see if he recognizes that it’s not her,” Goldberg said.

Behar then wound up for her slam at Republicans in general and specifically Pence.

Trending:
Gunmen Ambush Ammo Caravan Headed to Texas, 7 Million Rounds Destined for America Now in Hands of Violent Criminals

“Well, isn’t Pence going to some kind of a rally in Illinois any minute now?” Behar asked. “And you know they won’t be wearing masks there. These Republicans are like the Typhoid Marys of the 21st century. I don’t trust it.

“So I would say to Kamala, you know, either spray him down or hose him down with some insecticide or whatever they have to use, or else don’t go.”

Will Vice President Mike Pence win Wednesday's debate?

“I would not go near Pence right now. He’s all over the place,” she added.

Goldberg saw a chance to keep the mockery rolling.

“Well, he’s not going to get that close to her because, you know, he can’t be in the room with another woman unless his wife is very close by,” Goldberg sneered, referring to Pence’s custom of not eating dinner alone with a woman who is not his wife.

The White House on Monday announced that Pence continues to test negative for the virus, according to The Washington Post.

Some commentators have argued that Pence should skip the debate to remain in Washington in case Trump’s health takes a turn for the worse, Politico reported.

“The president is in the hospital with a disease known to kill people,” said Scott Jennings, an aide to former President George W. Bush. “Mike Pence’s health and security is paramount.”

Related:
Two New Mike Pence Announcements Are Igniting 2024 Speculation

But the Trump campaign said no one in the campaign or administration is backing down.

“We don’t operate in fear,” said Steve Cortes, a senior adviser to the Trump campaign.

“The president [has] recovered with terrific progress so far. The vice president is healthy and working nonstop. Continuity of command is well-established. We will not cower or hide, not the country, nor the administration, nor our campaign.”

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction →



We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
, , , ,
Jack Davis is a freelance writer who joined The Western Journal in July 2015 and chronicled the campaign that saw President Donald Trump elected. Since then, he has written extensively for The Western Journal on the Trump administration as well as foreign policy and military issues.
Jack Davis is a freelance writer who joined The Western Journal in July 2015 and chronicled the campaign that saw President Donald Trump elected. Since then, he has written extensively for The Western Journal on the Trump administration as well as foreign policy and military issues.
Jack can be reached at jackwritings1@gmail.com.
Location
New York City
Languages Spoken
English
Topics of Expertise
Politics, Foreign Policy, Military & Defense Issues




Conversation