It’s hard to go wrong with a classic pizza, but if you’ve never had a piece of pizza cake with cheese oozing from each crevice, then you don’t know what you’ve been missing!
Pizza has become a staple for Americans, and whether celebrating a victory or just gathering with friends and family, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
If you’re thinking of serving pizza at your next party or you just enjoy making it for your family, this recipe is going to take the average pizza from enjoyable to heavenly!
Picture layer upon layer of melted cheese and pepperoni with a crust that’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. As soon as you tell your friends and family that you’re making this pizza cake, they’ll be begging for a slice!
Don’t be fooled by it’s smaller diameter – this pizza will easily feed up to eight people. Just one of these oh-so-yummy slices is quite filling!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 cans of Pillsbury pizza dough
- 1 lb of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 oz) jar of pizza sauce
- 1 (6 oz) package of sliced pepperoni
- 8″ springform baking pan
- Large cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Take one roll of pizza dough and stretch it out over the cookie sheet. Using the bottom of an 8″ springform pan as a guide, cut out 2 disks. Remove remaining dough and bake disks for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this step using the second can of pizza dough so you have a total of 4 baked disks.
- Lay the third can of pizza dough flat on a cutting board and cut in half length-wise.
- Line the sides of the springform pan with the dough, allowing 1″ of dough to hang over the outer edge of the pan.
- Place one disk inside the pan and layer with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Repeat with remaining disks.
- Fold and tuck in the edges of the pizza dough.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until pizza dough is golden brown.
- To remove pizza cake from pan, simply place it over an upside-down bowl and unlatch the pan. It should slide right off. With oven mitts, pick up your pizza and transfer to a plate.
Truth and Accuracy
We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.