Path 27
Commentary

Shocking Freak Accident with Electric Car Causes Fire in Boy's Bed

Path 27

A freak accident involving an electric car caused a water pipe to burst in one home, and even started a fire in a boy’s bed in another.

According to Oregon’s Corvallis Police Department, a Tesla Model S caused chaos Tuesday after a loaded driver lost control while traveling at incredibly high speeds.

After leaving the roadway, it took 300 feet before the electric car rolled to a halt.

The suspected driver, Dylan Milota, fled on foot shortly after the violent crash. After catching up with him, authorities found him to be impaired by cannabis.

Milota was taken to the hospital with only minor injuries.

Trending:
Simone Biles Speaks Out After Pulling Out of Team Competition

Police cited him with DUI, hit and run, criminal mischief, reckless driving and reckless endangering.

Looking at pictures of the crash, which sheared a power pole in half and knocked over multiple trees, it’s hard to believe that anyone walked out of the vehicle alive.

While the crash itself was undoubtedly dangerous, what was ripped from the car nearly made the wreck even more devastating.

Would you ever buy an electric car?

Traveling at over 100 miles per hour, the sudden and violent deceleration of the vehicle caused it to shear parts.

Internal batteries that power the car and a tire were ripped off and flew into a nearby apartment building. The tire crashed through a wall and broke a pipe, flooding one home.

A scorching-hot battery flew into another home and landed on a boy’s bed, which caused a small fire according to NBC2.

Pictures of the scalding debris flung from the car show how much worse this wreck could have been had there been people standing around.

Related:
California Caught Off Guard as Sun Sets and Solar Energy Production Tanks, Now Begging for Outside Power to Avoid Blackouts

The Corvallis PD warned residents about batteries that may have been missed by cleanup crews.

These batteries, which can remain hot for 24 hours, can also leak toxic fumes and other noxious materials if ruptured.

It’s unknown if all of these potentially dangerous batteries were found, but any leftover in the area could soon become a major hazard to children and pets.

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction →



loading

We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
, , , ,
Path 27
Jared has written more than 200 articles and assigned hundreds more since he joined The Western Journal in February 2017. He was an infantryman in the Arkansas and Georgia National Guard and is a husband, dad and aspiring farmer.
Jared has written more than 200 articles and assigned hundreds more since he joined The Western Journal in February 2017. He is a husband, dad, and aspiring farmer. He was an infantryman in the Arkansas and Georgia National Guard. If he's not with his wife and son, then he's either shooting guns or working on his motorcycle.
Location
Arkansas
Languages Spoken
English
Topics of Expertise
Military, firearms, history




loading

Conversation